Thursday, September 10, 2009

What's the deal with cars??

OK..for any of you reading this that are still in high school - or even Community College with vocational classes - TAKE AUTO!

So, the other night I was at guitar class and I got a call from my wife that when I left, our car (not the new clunker jeep) left behind a puddle of some reddish fluid. C'mon....this was supposed to be old reliable that we didn't have to worry about!

Dave Ramsey talks about Murphy of "Murphy's law" fame. I cannot stress enough the importance of having some little contingency of money set aside before you start getting out of debt for little emergencies like this. The great thing is... it keeps what you have set aside for credit card payments going to the credit cards...and you can still keep driving.

I can honestly say, and I am sure anyone who is on their way out of debt can attest, with a little money set aside and a light at the end of the tunnel...these little fluid leaks and stuff become a minor irritant as opposed to a life altering event!

No comments:

Post a Comment