Saturday, September 12, 2009

The "Negotiator"..

My wife is awesome! The "clunker" jeep is on the mend and the final thing is an alignment. WOO HOO!

So, we couldn't get into the tire store closest to us, so she picked another on. The price of an alignment at our store of choice was $56.00 and the cost at the one that could get us in was $71.00. The first words out of her mouth, "Do you price match?" Could I love this woman more? SHE IS INTENSE at getting this thing paid off. She will never cease to amaze me.

A reminder....EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE! And, by the way...they did price match!

Way to go, honey!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Nan.

    I just bought a Dave Ramsey book at the thrift store called "Financial Peace." I also borrowed his Total Money Makeover from the library.

    We are not in debt right now (well, except for our mortgage), but we used to be. We managed to get out and stay out. So far so good!

    However, we are eventually going to need to replace our car, and you know things are just going to come up, they always do.

    So I am wanting to really see if we can save on our grocery bill. I know we can.

    Have you ever read The Tightwad Gazette? I discovered that book the year (364 days) that my hubby was out of work and we lived on severance, unemployment, and savings (and we had some awesome support from our friends too).

    Anyway, nice to meet you and looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I hope you don't think I'm bragging about being out of debt. I didn't mean to be. I guess I was trying to encourage you and say it is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brag on! It is impressive! And, we will be joining you next year :)! It really is encouraging to know that this place "Debt Free" really exists :)

    ReplyDelete